Saturday, February 23, 2008

Update on projects

1. I finished the matinee jacket, but am kicking myself cos I forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it to J and I. Hoping they will send me one of C wearing it cos it certainly was cute!

2. I finished Matt's hat in a few evenings. I used a pattern from a Rowan book which called for Big Wool, but it was way to expensive and a bit scratchy so I bought a less chunky wool/acrylic blend that did the trick. I adapted the pattern a bit (cast on more stitches and did more rows) so wasnt quite sure how it was going to turn out, but it looks pretty good if you ask me!Matt says its the first thing anyone ever made for him, which is cute. He hasnt worn it much yet though ;)

3. Blanket squares coming along. Finished 4 now and another on the way. Have copped out a bit as it was proving too much of a headache to make them all the same size what with the different stitches etc, so I have decided to just do a hotch potch of sizes. I think it will look good.They grow pretty quickly though, so are great to do when I am fed up of the fiddly bits.

4. My Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino sweater. Have done about 15cm of the back, but have kind of decided to give up on it. Its really fine, will take ages and I am not sure I like it enough to put the effort it tbh. I think I will look for something a bit chunkier...

5. Topsy Turvy Doll....no progress!

6. I knitted a dinosaur. Who wouldnt?? Another one on the go too. I plan a whole bunch. They are from the Jean Greenhowe Toy Collection book. The kids love 'em.

No comments: