Sunday, August 3, 2008

Scarves for Sister-in-laws

I sure do hope my in-laws dont read this blog. If they do, their surprises are ruined. I have 3 lovely sister-in-laws. I have 3 brother-in-laws and one brother. They are all married. You do the math. Anyway, 2 of the lovely ones are the mothers of my 2 newest nephews and neices. [And the other lovely one is married to my brother, to avoid confusion and unnecessary upset]. The new mothers' babies have had plenty knit for them (see below), and it kind of sucks when you become a mother and all the gifts are for the baby and none for you. So, I knit them both scarves. And because nobody loves a bitch-fight I knit them the same one in different colours.


Its this in Debbie Bliss Cathay, the grey/blue left over from my tank top, and bubble gum pink I also got in the JL sale. The pattern is originally meant for laceweight I think, but I like the way it came out in the heavier yarn. The weight makes for nice scarf hanging.
I used 2 skeins for each and they probably could do with being a little longer if you like scarves for flinging around. These are more the neck-warmer type. I may well knit one for myself actually. It was a great handbag/knit-while-you-natter project.

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Lots of beautiful knitting in this post and previous ones!

linda said...

ooooo i love the pink one :)